PTC Windchill is a comprehensive PLM software to manage all data, content, documentation and processes of an organization. It is a web based business collaboration software that provides manufacturers with all the necessary tools for the transfer, distribution, visualization, and publishing of the product data. It is fast, secure and has a robust architecture. Since it is web based, Windchill allows companies from various locations to collaborate from multiple locations. Windchill is especially useful for the manufacturing sector. It can manage models created with PTC Creo as well as other major CAD applications.
Key capabilities of PTC Windchill:
- Central repository for all product and process Information: Reduce rework and improve time-to-market by effectively capturing, configuring and managing all product information during every step of the product lifecycle.
- Optimizing product performance across multiple dimensions: Bringing better-performing, more profitable products to market faster by analyzing performance in the earliest phases of product development, where decisions have the most impact and are least disruptive.
- Tracking and managing quality throughout the product development lifecycle: Ensuring that product quality, reliability and safety are aligned with the requirements set for them over the course of a product’s development and use.
- Optimize processes: Streamline key product development and service information processes to help you achieve your company’s business initiatives.
- Powerful and scalable: Coordinating groups around the world and easily expanding to accommodate additional sites, organizations, functions or processes.