3DTIMONTM Plastic Moulding Simulation Tool from Toray Engineering D Solutions Co., Ltd.
3DTIMONTM is a CAE solution used for manufacturing of moulded plastics and composite materials. 3DTIMONTM has been developed by Toray Engineering Co., Ltd. a company providing innovation in manufacturing through plant construction, production equipment and related software. The company has been established in Japan in 1960, and is headquartered at Tokyo. 3DTIMONTM is a niche CAE simulation tool for Plastics Moulding. It has a history of 35 years of development, and the Toray Group - a material manufacturer that operates around the world - has poured in all their manufacturing experience in perfecting the software. 3DTIMONTM, the industry standard plastic moulding simulation tool is useful for a wide range of products - from injection moulding to moulding of advanced materials.
DesignTech Systems, India is Exclusive Business Partner of Toray Engineering D Solutions Co. Ltd. in India for 3DTIMONTM.
Unique tetra mesher
- Patented meshing pre-processor is a built in tetra mesh generator which uses bubble mesh generation theory for optimum meshing.
Measures against cosmetic defects
- Predicts weld line and sink mark. Develops measures to review gate position and product thickness to reduce the number of mould modifications and trials
- Analyzes main factors of warpage and develops countermeasures
- Derives product shape and gate location to reduce warpage
Optimization for lightweight design
- Optimizes moulding conditions with existing machines by using results of filling patterns and pressure
Cycle time optimization
- Predicts product temperature and mould temperature with three-dimensional cooling channel
- Checks the temperature distribution and considers the appropriate cooling channel layout and product thickness.
Evaluation of quality and reliability for moulded product
- Predicts deformation due to residual stress and thermal influence
- Evaluates product quality through heating techniques such as annealing, painting, heat cycle testing
Various optimization functions
- Proposes parameters such as optimum gate position and product wall thickness and improves the efficiency of analysis work
Evaluation of strength
- Predicts nonlinear properties from analysis results of fiber orientation
- Challenges marginal design by conducting highly accurate strength evaluation in combination with structure analysis
Direct Fiber Simulations (DFS)
- Forecasts bending and breaking of reinforcing fiber, fiber length, density distribution
- Performs high accuracy and strength evaluation of warp deformation analysis
Unique extensional functions of 3DTIMONTM
- AMDESS for 3DTIMONTM enables automatic design optimization. For example, it can find out optimum shape and thickness to reduce warpage, optimum gate position to shift the weld position etc.
- Ejector Pin Evaluation Tools – Buckling Risk / Buckling Load
The system based on the concept of fast & easy is able to quickly check the analysis results by setting analysis conditions according to workflow.
- Thermosetting resin analysis - 3DTIMONTM-ReactiveMOLD
Corresponds to injection moulding and transfer moulding to predict filling, fiber orientation, and warping for use in automotive electronics
- Compression moulding analysis - 3DTIMONTM-CompositePRESS
Predicts filling, fibre orientation, and warp deformation in thermosetting SMC and BMC moulding, as well as thermoplastic stamping moulding. It can be utilized for studying weight reduction by replacing metal parts.
Click here to download brochure